Ingredients for preparing Kadai Chicken
- Chicken : cleaned and washed – ½ kg
- Tomato : chopped – 2 nos.
- Onion: chopped – 1 no
- Ginger- Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Green chilies: spilt – 3 nos.
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1″ piece
- Clove – 4 nos.
- Cardamom Seeds - 4 nos.
- Salt to taste - ½ tsp
- Coriander Leaves: chopped – 2 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
Steps for preparing Kadai Chicken
- Cut chicken into cubes and marinate with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt and chilli powder and keep it for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in pan; stir fry cloves, cinnamon, cardamom seeds till fragrant. Then saute chopped onion, tomatoes and green chilies till golden brown and grind into a smooth paste by adding water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the marinated chicken and fry well and cook covered for some time. Once the chicken pieces are ¾ done, add the ground masala; mix well till the masala coats the pieces well.
- Add garam masala and black pepper powder, mix well. Continue cooking until dry and masala leaves fragrant smell and chicken is fully done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Share This Article