Ingredients for preparing Chicken Pakora
- Chicken: boneless - ½ kg
- Maida - 1 cup
- Onion: finely chopped - 1 no.
- Green Chillies - 2 nos.
- Ginger- Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste - ½ tsp
- water as required
- Oil - 1 cup
Steps for preparing Chicken Pakora
- Mix together green chilies, ginger –garlic paste, salt and lemon juice to fine paste.
- Cut chicken pieces into small pieces. Marinate the chicken pieces with the prepared paste and keep it aside for at least one hour.
- Mix gram flour with salt, chopped onion, chilli powder, turmeric powder and cumin seeds powder. Mix well, add required water to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; dip each chicken piece in the batter and deep fry till two sides turn golden brown.
- Drain the oil using paper tissues, serve hot with tomato sauce or mint chutney.