Ingredients for preparing Baked Chicken
- Chicken Drumsticks - 6 Nos ( 1 kg )
- Curd - 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Fennel Powder ( Perinjeerakam ) - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste - ½ tsp
Steps for preparing Baked Chicken
- First wash the chicken drumsticks and using a knife make 2-3 slits on each chicken drumstick.
- Dry roast red chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, fennel powder on low flame till the powders become dark brown. Allow it to cool. Then mix it with garam masala, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, curd and salt to form a smooth paste.
- Then marinate the chicken drumsticks with this paste and keep it aside for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 400 F. Then place the chicken drumsticks on the greased baking tray and cover it with aluminum foil. Place the tray in the oven and bake it for about 20 -25 minutes till the chicken is done. After that flip the chicken and again bake for about another 20 minutes. After baking, grill it about 5 minutes and serve.